Fundamentals of Dyeing
Duration: 27.06.2018, 1 day
Location: Teatro Feronia
Jan Dieckmann (GER), You-Jin Seo (GER), Benjamin Tyrrell (GB), Lisa Laurén (SWE), are a seasoned team of freelance textile artists.
Through their diverse backgrounds (costume painter, set- and costume designer, professional dancer, scene painter), they offer an extraordinary breadth of "Know how," textile manipulation techniques and traditional craftsmanship. Their artful costume workmanship can be admired in numerous international film and theater productions.
Costume manufacture and costume plastics for international film and theater productions for:
- Babylon Berlin (Sky TV), The Cloud Atlas, The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Der fliegende Holländer (Passionstheater, Oberammergau)
- Manon Lescaut, (Festspielhaus Baden Baden/ New York MET)
- Xerxes (Komische Oper, Berlin)
- Das schlaue Füchslein (Komische Oper, Berlin)
- Moses und Aaron (Komische Oper, Berlin) and more.
The two textile artists Jan Dieckmann and You-Jin Seo give insight into their wealth of experience and convey the fundamentals of all types of textile dyeing.
- How do you analyze the fabrics at hand?
- Which pigment is best suitable for dyeing specifically this fiber?
- How do you prepare the fabric for the dyeing procedure and what do you have to consider afterward?
- Which tools make dyeing easier?
- How do you correct dye mistakes?
Apart from various dye pigments from the laboratory, they will also present natural dyes and show how you can reach stunning results with these herbal pigments. During the course many trial pieces will be created, which can be brought home as references.