Fantasy Headdresses in the Theater
Duration: 25.06. - 27.06.2018, 3 days
Location: Teatro Feronia
- Milliner with master training in classical hat-craftsmanship,
- Stipended by Chamber of Crafts, 1991 work at atelier Marie Mercie in Paris
- Own hat shop in Hamburg-Blankenese
- Since 1998 teaches at the Fachschule für Gestaltung (institute of design) Hamburg (design of theater headdress)
- Workshop director of millinery in the Stuttgart State Theater for Opera, Ballet and Acting since 2006
- Prix de l'Elégance
- Single and collection exhibitions in the Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe, Hamburg, Grassimuseum Leipzig and Museum für angewandte Kunst in Vienna
- Instructor at academies and educational institutions, at ABK Stuttgart with Prof. Anna Eiermann, Tunneelakademie Maastricht, Innung Baden-Würtemberg, and others
In this course, the exceptional milliner Eike Schnatmann gives insight into the diverse challenges in the design of fantasie headdresses.
Besides sharing essential techniques for the manufacture of the lower mould, she will expand upon the processing and customizing of felt as the basis for many fantasy headdresses.
She will also develop 3D solutions, which enable a transparent headdress, by preparing a light spring steel construction with a soldering iron and copper wire.
With WORBLA, THERMOPLAST and COBRACAST, innovative materials from the thermoplastic field come into use, which are irreplacable in the theater sector.
Using a hot air torch, iron and hot water, it is possible to create imaginative decorative elements, horns or crowns, which are waterproof and nearly indestructable.