Animatronic Prosthetic Masks – Orang-Utan
This offer cannot be booked anymore.
Duration: Juni 22, 2020 11:00 – 12:00am
Location: Teatro Feronia
Herbert Zehetner's numerous accomplishments from 1971 to 2014 include many years as a makeup artist with the Vienna National Opera, head makeup artist of the Salzburg Festival and Passion Plays, the Salzburg Mozart Week, and nearly twenty years as the head makeup artist of the Vienna Burgtheater.
A small selection of his engagements:
- 1998 Metropolitan Opera New York: Mask design „Lohengrin“ with makeup artist Frida Parmeggiani
- 2005 Styriarte Graz: Mask design „Carmen“ Director Andrea Breth, makeup artist Francoise Clavel
- 2008 Geneva Opera: Silicon heads und wigs from Jochanaan „Salome“
- 2003 Golden Recognition Award from the Republic of Austria
- 2010 Golden Mask for Lifetime Achievement
- 2010 Lifetime Achievement Award Los Angeles
Herbert Zehetner will present his remote-controlled Orang-Utan Mask, and explain how it works and how it was produced.
What makes this mask unusual, is that it allows for movements of the face and mouth, which can be remote-controlled by an automatic model Servo-device.
In addition to the techniques of remote-controlled masks, Herbert Zehetner will also explain the construction of latex scalps and the techniques for inserting hair and coloring.