“character design – having a field day” Discovering, developing, creating figures
This offer cannot be booked anymore.
Duration: June 25, 2019; 10:00am – 3:00pm
Location: Teatro Feronia
- Sculptor at the National Theater in Karlsruhe and Opera House in Bonn
- Oversight of film projects in Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, and Los Angeles
- Set work in Jordan for Fatih Akin’s film “The Cut”
- College Instructor in Düsseldorf
- Independent Studio in Cologne for film, architecture, advertising
Jan Ptassek offers insight into the realm of “character design / figure construction”.
In this hands-on workshop, inspiration for figures and characters will be discovered individually, from ordinary things available in everyday life, then further developed through drawing, and finally captured in clay – following the basic building blocks of the creative development process.